Tuesday, July 1, 2014

I LOOOVE New York! Single-women's Heaven.

So, I went to Chicago and New York for my Dirty Thirty. And, it was AWESOME!! Honestly, I was getting a bit depressed about turning 30, but boy was I wrong. Things are actually looking up! To re-live my 23rd birthday adventure, where basically my twin (because we have the exact same birth day, month, year) and I said Fuck everyone else and just hopped in a car and road-tripped it to Vegas. Usually, it's annoying to go in a big group because you always have to match other people schedules. But this was sweet! To do whatever we wanted, whenever we wanted. It was truly relaxing. The most memorable part was me driving drunk while puking into a plastic bag with the two handles hung on both ears. Epic.

Fast forward to our 30th birthday, and we decided to do it again, but BIGGER in New York! Wow, New York is like a gem that I wish someone told me about when I was in my early 20's. Maybe because I've been deprived of good looking white guys in Korea, but everywhere I went, I saw handsome, eligible bachelors. I was in Heaven!

Thursday: So twin checked in first. Mind you, we haven't seen each other for FIVE YEARS, so we were both curious as to how our first interaction would be. And there she was, knocked out in the hostel bunk bed. She wakes up, greeting me with her husky voice. And BAM, felt like I saw her yesterday. I am sure everyone feels this way with their close friends, but I gotta say, it's a damn good feeling. This crazy girl, packed a bag that's her size 5'0", half filled with fruits. hahaha. So, the first night, we watched Avenue Q. Quite a funny puppet musical. Favorite part was the puppet humping. Then we checked out AVA, a rooftop bar at dream hotel. It was okay, but lots of older creepy businessmen. So, of course, the cutest young guys called us over. We drank and chatted with them for a bit, then went over one of their houses to smoke the best damn herb ever.

Fri: I met up with my black girlfriend, who I met in Korea. She is so beautiful, like Vanessa Williams beautiful. So we went to Negril, which by the way has awesome hip hop music and drinks. They even gave us a birthday cake, noice! The girls had to work the next day so twin and I continued to party. Met this random guy on the street and hopped in a cab when my guys friends (one of which I met in Korea) called to meet up. So we dropped the guy in a cab and rolled over to Spicy..sth, can't remember. So, my second encounter with...let's call him Shoe. I met him last year new years eve, he was super drunk and passed out when we met, so he has no recollection of our encounter, but was still pleased to be reacquainted. Everyone else left early, but Shoe offered to smoke me out so we went over to his place. I was on my period, but thought my tampon would last me the whole night. I had changed into his basketball shorts before going to bed. And...when I woke up, SOAKED with blood. OH...MY...GOSH...it's like one of those "Say what" mortifying stories in Teen Magazine that I kinda miss reading. (They should have one for adults). I was so embarrassed and didn't know what to do, so I quickly changed and left without saying goodbye, sure that he would be disgusted and hate me for destroying his bed. But luckily, he was a good sport and texted me the next day asking to hang out, saying that he's seen worse. What a great guy!

Sat: Twin and I always wanted to try Speed-dating, so why not in new york? So we went to this bar, where there were 15 girls and 15 guys. The funny thing about this particular speed-dating company is that each even is themed. So we chose the, "Asian Persuasion: Asian women and the men that love them." Since Twin loves non-Asian guys, I thought why not? Most of them were duds, but 5/15 were actually decent, attractive guys that I would totally date. They were of course bummed when I said I was only visiting, insinuating that I was toying with their feelings, but whatever. So Twin and I got some coffee after the event with this yoga photographer and i don't know what the other guy did. But we had to leave cuz my guy friends wanted to go to Circle, a "korean" club in ktown(?). It was different from circle or other korean clubs in LA ktown, cuz there was no booking (dragging of girls by the waiter to guys' tables). And they were playing mostly EDM, blech. But we had a table and were having a good time until... the table right next to us started fighting and knocked our table over. I literally climbed up the bars to the 2nd floor. Other people just stood  and watched as if it was normal. So security came but the two guys continued to fight all the way to the dance floor, around, and to the front door. Later, when I went out for a cigarette, they were still fighting, and some girl was bloody in the ambulance. Fighting is so lame, especially in your own hood. Yall are gona see each other again, so why keep bad blood? Especially over some ugly slut. Twin went home early cuz she was tired. But we went to 2-cha (round 2) to noraebang (karaoke room). And the same ugly hoodrats somehow managed to join us. Whatever, I was there to enjoy my time with the boys. We then went to eat some bomb as Korean food across the street. I got gamjatang (potato ox tail soup?), soooo good. Then I slept at Shoe's house again.

Sunday: We had to check out, so I went back to the hostel and we packed our stuff. Shoe was nice enough to let us stay at his place until my 9 pm flight. So we packed up and went to his place. The three of us passed out on his bed, which by the way is WONDERFUL. maybe temperpedic? Felt kinda bad, cuz I'm sure he wanted to cuddle at least but couldn't since twin was right next to us. hahahha, poor guy, great sport! Had some really good thai(?) asian food then dropped twin off at the hotel where her mom would meet her, then back to chicago I went.

One of the days we went to Central Park and it was absolutely beautiful. People picnic-ing, chiseled bodies jogging.

And Twin was getting cat calls non-stop, on the street, at the bar. Guys saying "Oh my Gawd! Sexy!" Wow, the New York men sure loved her!

If you are a woman in your early 20s, visit New York, live there if you can. Now I know why and how people fall in love with the most exciting city in the world that never goes to sleep! There's always something going on, so much diversity, so many handsome eligible (banker?) bachelors. It's a young woman's heaven.

Anyway, this year Twin and I are going to do it again but BIGGER in Spain, IBIZA~~~ muahahahhaha. Will update in October.

No comments:

Post a Comment